making the earth greener one tiny baby at a time

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vacation Reply ON

La Mom Verte is on vacation for two weeks, to a picturesque town in Northern Michigan where the sun sets over the gentle waves of Lake Michigan, and birds soar on the breeze over vineyards and cherry trees. Where you can buy roadside produce from an unattended stand with the trust that you will leave the money in the cigar box, and ride your bike thru the center of town and never find a traffic light.  And while you are vacationing here, don't bother to separate your recyclables, because there is ABSOLUTELY NO RECYCLING PROGRAM.  I will do my best to relax, and hopefully come back home with a plan to save the world.

1 comment:

  1. I just re-read my post and realized I am being hyperbolic. You can take your bottles and cans to the mercantile for a cash refund. Everything else goes to the landfill.

    ReplyDelete